21 June 2013

Summer Adventures May/June I


Summertime began quickly, with Max attending a backyard birthday party for his preschool friend Gavin. All of the four-year-olds were giving cowboy gear, and they had a great time in the bouncy house.


Cute buckaroo.

Later that week, Max and I headed over to Clinton Lake Park to do a little hiking. As most moms of kids this age will agree, we will do many an adventure to tire these little guys out in the summer. (School is how many days away???)

This is Max's "cute" pose. Hmmmmm.

Admiring the view.

This pictures reminds me of me. There's a little mischief behind those eyes. :-) 

Heading back to the car.

Over Memorial Day weekend, we drove to Paducah, KY, for our yearly trip to see my grandfather and his wife. Unfortunately this year, Papa Bob's age (94.5) had caught up to his body, so our trip was one of goodbyes.

The next weekend, Max and I went down to Wichita, where, ironically, a B17 Bomber was on display for the public. It was the same plane my grandfather had piloted in WWII, so we went by to visit.






Here are some videos of it. They have a lot of wind sound because my phone doesn't exactly correct for that stuff.







All I could think of while watching it take off and land was how brave those men must've been. After all, each time the plane goes up, the crew has no idea how it will come down. Crazy. We miss you, Papa Bob!

We did a few other things in Wichita that weekend, including a visit to the Exploration Place and Dexter's 2nd Birthday!
Pilot Max.

As close as we got to the dinosaur exhibit. Max doesn't like loud noises, and these dinos were pretty loud inside.


Some quiet reading with Grandma.

Dex's face here cracks me up.

As does it here. Please note, Max asks for cake and ice cream, but he only eats the ice cream.
Lesson: save some money and get him just ice cream. :-)

No comments: